Wow Mom is a social impact enterprise dedicated to advocating for child-friendly cities and addressing the childcare challenges women face in urban (informal) markets. Our initiative aims at increasing access to quality and affordable childcare services through the provision of modern daycare services in market centres in Nairobi to ensure that young children receive quality care for proper growth and development enabling their caregivers particularly women to engage in more paid labour.
As the Project Officer at WoW MoM Kenya, you will work directly in the implementation of our initiative to create safe and nurturing, day-care centres in markets in Nairobi, as well as in our women empowerment initiatives. This role involves community mobilization, coordinating with various stakeholders, managing project activities, and ensuring the successful establishment and operation of daycare facilities. Reporting is a key component of this role, providing insights into project progress and challenges.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Contribute to the design, development, equipping and refurbishment of daycare centres
2. Liaise with regulatory authorities to secure necessary approvals for daycare establishment.
3. Coordinate with local authorities, community leaders, and project partners to ensure smooth project execution.
4. Build and maintain relationships with local government officials, market associations, and community leaders.
5. Support the stakeholder and community engagement for childcare policy advocacy efforts
6. Collaborate with training partners and oversee the training sessions for caregivers to ensure high-quality childcare services.
7. Oversee the operation and management of daycare centers through day-to-day coordination with caregivers.
8. Collaborate with training partners to oversee the capacity building program i.e training of female traders
9. Research, data collection, analysis and presentation support in monitoring and forecasting expenditure, including preparing activity-based project budgets
10. Prepare regular reports detailing project activities, outcomes, and challenges. Provide timely updates to project stakeholders and management.
|Qualifications, skills and experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in urban planning/ urban design/ community development experience in project implementation especially in urban informal city settings is desirable
2. Strong skills in community mobilization, stakeholder engagement, and reporting.
3. Experience in community development or childcare initiatives is advantageous.
4. Knowledge of local regulations including development control and permits and approvals
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Demonstrated expertise in project budgeting, financial monitoring, and reporting.Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
7. Passionate about women/children matters
|How to apply Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter detailing their relevant experience to email@example.com Applications will be accepted until 15th Feb 2024