We are looking for a program officer to join our growing team. A successful Program Officer should display strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. They should be outgoing individuals who are comfortable working in a team-oriented setting and possess the ability to work with a diverse group of people. They should be analytical multi-taskers who consistently meet deadlines and adapt well to change over the scope of a project or program. The candidate should also possess key issue area expertise in at least one of the following: education, WASH, health and Nutrition, Children matters, urban planning or grassroots enterprise. The position is based in Nairobi-Kenya
- Maintain existing partnerships and grow the organization’s network of strategic partners
- Maintain strong relationships with project partners around the world, providing technical assistance, appreciative coaching, listening and empathy throughout implementation
- Routinely process grant applications and lead the review and evaluation of project design
- Process and review progress and final project reports, providing feedback to project leaders in support of their participatory development practices while critically assessing every project for growth and sustainability
- Data quality control for the organization’s online project management database and systems
- Support and build on the organization’s monitoring and evaluation strategy and framework
- Collect and analyze projects data and prepare for use in promotional materials, publications, events, and other reports
- Content development for Wow Mom’s website, annual report, social media, events, email newsletters, and other material
- Keep a finger on the pulse of relevant literature, articles, events, conferences, and trending news related to Wow Mom’s projects and industry space
- Support organization-wide activities, events, and campaigns actively and as needed
The Program Officer should be mission-driven, team-oriented and have a can-do approach in supporting the growth of an innovative and growing social enterprise in a variety of ways. Candidates should possess excellent analytical skills, strong writing skills, excellent time management and interpersonal skills, and be dedicated to promoting global grassroots development. Key values include consistency, commitment, energy, and positivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a similar role the including experience working alongside and championing local development actors
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well with culturally and geographically diverse staff and partners
- Experienced, efficient and organized in online and remote work
- Ability and energy to travel domestically and internationally and to organize global travel logistics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, and ability to learn new technologies and software quickly, including bespoke solutions.
Graduate degree in a relevant field
Experience and training in monitoring and evaluation
Exceptional attention to detail
Women especially stay-at-home mothers who have been out of the workforce after maternity leave highly encouraged to apply.
All applications to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th August 2021