pornjk pornsam pornpk foxporn porn800

Fruity weaning recipes

Let’s go fruity! Normally, we serve fruits to our babies in their natural forms either as purees or salads. What about those fruits that are hard and crunchy but are highly nutritious. How do you serve them? Did you know you can cook some fruits too? In today’s series of Recipe Wednesday, Let’s see some of the fruits that you can cook for your baby for that amazing flavor and plenty of nutrients.

Sweet potato and Pear puree

Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A. Several studies have revealed that consuming sweet potato in a day will meet over 90% of Vitamin A needs.   Pear on the other hand contains 10% Vitamin C, 9%Vitamin K, 20% fibre and 17% copper in a single pear. The combination of these two will make a great and healthy food for your baby. Let’s get down to the recipe;


1 medium sized sweet potato

1 large pear.


Scrub the sweet potatoes with clean cold water. Peel to remove the outer skin and chop into cubes. This reduces cooking time. Bring to boil and simmer for around 15 minutes when tender. Meanwhile, peel and chop pears. Add the chopped pears to the sweet potatoes and cook for 6 minutes. Drain excess water. Mash the food and serve. You can use the drained water to soften the food further. This is very yummy and sweet. You baby is going to lick her way out to the chin. Try out!

Potato/Apple sauce

They say, an apple a day, keeps the doctor at bay. You need to start giving apples to your baby as soon as after 6 months.  Apples are rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Folate, Calcium, potassium and calcium. Potatoes contain Vitamin C and also rich in calories that your baby needs for growth and development. Butter is a healthy source of good fat that is needed for babies over 1 year of age. Here is the recipe:


1 apple

4 medium sized potatoes

30g of unsalted butter


Scrub and peel the Irish potatoes. Boil them whole or slice them into halves. Boil for 8 minutes. Meanwhile, peel, core and slice apples. Add to the potatoes and boil for 5 minutes.  When tender, drain the excess water. Add unsalted butter, stir the food and mash. Reserve the left over water for thinning out the food especially when serving. It’s a great delicacy. Looking forward to your feedback.

Butternut squash and banana puree

Butternuts are readily available in the market. They are a great source of fibre, vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin b, minerals such as calcium, magnesium and zinc. A ripe banana contains a high concentration of dietary fiber, vitamin C, potassium, vitamin B-6 and antioxidant compounds. Combination of these two great foods will offer a healthy delicacy for your baby. Especially those worried about constipation.


1 ripe banana

Slice of butter nut


Peel the butternut, chop into cubes. Bring to boil. Cook till tender. Drain the water. Peel the ripe banana and chop it into 3- pieces. Mash the butternut and banana together. The reserved water can be thinning out the food when serving. I love this recipe because it gives a different twist of butternut which can be boring to babies especially if given frequently.  

Which nutrients does your baby need daily? Check out here

There you have it. Stop complaining that your baby is refusing to eat. If you serve the same foods the same way all the time, the baby will get tired. Keep them excited with new recipes that are tastier, healthier and more nutritious. For such great recipes weekly, be sure to like and follow my page on facebook not to miss a thing.


Donation Amount