As a mom, one of the main issue that you must deal with is fever and flu in babies. Many a times we are tend to administer anti-biotics and flu syrup to counter this. Have you ever thought of using home made remedies in place of medicine that we buy over the counter? Well if you haven’t, I will teach one today.
The other day my baby had blocked nose and high fever. My mom told me to cut an onions, gently massage on the sole of the feet and put the rest in her socks. I thought she was crazy! You know the pungent smell of onions and couldn’t imagine my baby smelling like that. But then I remembered the saying….MOMS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! Of course I was desperate…I needed this fever to go down from 38.8 degrees. So I tried the onions. I saw the results in less than two hours. This is how you can fight fever and flu naturally with an onion.
One medium sized onion
NB: do not use refrigerated onions. Not very welcoming to a feverish person.
Directions to use
It’s fairly simple:
- Cut up the onion (white or red) into flat slices that can be applied to the bottom of the entire foot (like a platform).
- Gently massage the onion on the the sole of your feet. You want to maximize the juice absorption into the skin.
- Put the remaining cut onions in your sock (on the bottom). he socks is basically to keep them in place as you sleep. The best way to do this is to have the person lie down and elevate their foot. Put the onion on the bottom of their foot, and hold it there, while carefully placing a sock over the foot and onion.
- Sleep-As you sleep, the natural healing power of the onion will go to work through your skin purifying your blood, killing germs and bacteria causing infections such as flu. The smell from the onion also purify the air making you have a great night sleep
NB: Be cautious while walking because onion is slippery and could make one fall.
- Put the remaining onion in a bowl in the room to purify the air.
How does it work?
The bottom of the feet are powerful and have direct access points to internal organs knows as meridians/ nervous systems which are pathways to each organ with your body. The bottom of the feet has over 7000 meridians that have direct link to other body organs.
Nerves/ meridians are powerful electrical circuits within the body and are often dormant because we wear shoes . This is why its recommended to walk outside barefoot to stimulate the nerves on the bottom of the feet. One of the ways to easiest way to open up these electrical pathways and to help purify internal organs without doing anything internal or diet related is to use onions.
Onions and garlic are known as air purifiers and when applied to the skin topically, they kill germs and bacteria. The phosphoric acid (the one that cause you tears when cutting onions) enters the blood streams and it helps purify blood and kill bacteria that give you flu or fever.
Here are the benefits of cutting up an onion and putting it in your socks while you sleep:
- Purify your blood: phosphoric acid from the onions as its applied and absorbed through the skin purifies the blood.
- Kills bacteria, germs and disease causing pathogens– Onions have great antibacterial-and anti-viral benefit.
- Purify the air-The little chamber of smelly onions around your feet purifies the air by removing all the germs in the air. The smell also repel mosquitoes (though not scientifically proven)
- Reduces fever in babies-tried , tested and proven.
- Open up blocked nose and clears the flu.
Change the onion after every 4 hours.
What are your natural remedies for flu and fever?
Are you struggling with stuffy nose or blocked nose? Here is how to make saline nasal drop at home. Check out. Don’t forget to like te facebook page for more insights.
See you soon.